- Last Updated: Friday, 11 September 2015 15:34
- SB-128 Stoneware Tumbler
- SW-001 Stoneware Clear, SW-119 Cinnabar, UG-50 Jet Black, SG-409 Bright Green Designer Liner
- DSS-133 Merry Christmas, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, Palette, Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some UG-50 Jet Black on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Underglaze. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer liner for more color saturation.
- Position “Merry Christmas!” from DSS-133 Merry Christmas on the top of SB-128 Stoneware Tumbler. Hold in place, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen. Repeat the screen around the top two-thirds of the tumbler.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpJPef6MB0
- Dot the bottom of the tumbler with SG-409 Bright Green Designer Liner.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-119 Cinnabar to the interior of the tumbler.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-001 Stoneware Clear to the exterior of the tumbler.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of tumbler.
- Place on a high-fired kiln washed kiln shelf.
- Do Not Stilt and make sure the tumbler is not hanging over the kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.