- Last Updated: Friday, 11 September 2015 15:10
- SB-128 Stoneware Tumbler
- SW-001 Stoneware Clear, SW-119 Cinnabar, UG-50 Jet Black, UG-206 Fire Engine Red, UG-68 Apple Green
- DSS-133 Merry Christmas, MC-002 12mm Low Tack Masking Tape, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush, CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some UG-50 Jet Blackon a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Underglaze. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer liner for more color saturation
- Position holly from DSS-133 Merry Christmas on the bottom of SB-128 Stoneware Tumbler. Hold in place, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen. Repeat the screen around the base of the tumbler.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpJPef6MB0
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of UG-206 Fire Engine Red to the berries on the holly.
- Using MC-002 12mm Low Tack Masking Tape, make stripes on the exterior of tumbler. Make sure that the Underglaze is completely dry before applying the tape.
- Using a sponge, pounce 1 coat of UG-68 Apple Green to the exterior of the tumbler. Take care to not apply Underglaze over the screened image. Remove tape immediately after.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-119 Cinnabar to the interior of the tumbler.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-001 Stoneware Clear to the exterior of the tumbler.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of tumbler.
- Place on a high-fired kiln washed kiln shelf.
- Do Not Stilt and make sure the tumbler is not hanging over the kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.