- Last Updated: Monday, 14 September 2015 15:09
- SB-128 Tumbler, SB-105 Rimmed Dinner Plate, SB-104 Rimmed Salad Plate
- SW-105 Frost Blue, SW-207 Chambray
- CB-604 Soft Fan, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some SW-207 Chambray into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze to 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the tumbler and roll around to completely coat the interior of the tumbler. Drain out the excess glaze and keep inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-105 Frost Blue, in a circular fashion, to the outside of the tumbler and to the faces of the plates.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3-4 coats of SW-207 Chambray, also in a circular fashion, to the outside of the tubler and to the faces of the plates.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 2-3 coats of SW-207 Chambray to the back of the plates leaving the foot clean.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the feet of the plates and the bottom of the tumbler.
- Do not stilt and make sure the plates are not hanging over the kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.