- Last Updated: Tuesday, 31 January 2017 14:59
- SB-128 Tumbler
- SW-136 Weathered Blue
- SW-138 Lemon Meringue
- SW-139 Creamsicle
- SW-206 Melon
- SW-252 Blue Opal
- SW-254 Yellow Opal
- SG-401 Black
- SG-405 Green
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any.
- Using a pencil, trace the design with clay carbon on to the tumbler.
- Outline the entire design with SG-401 Black.
- On the orange tumbler, fill in the petals with SG-408 Orange, using the tip to make scribble stokes inside the petals.
- Fill in the stem with SG-405 Green, shade the leaves with SG-405 Green and SG-409 Green with the scribble strokes.
- Pour some SW-206 Melon into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze to 1 part water). It should be th consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the piece and roll around to completely coat the interior of the piece. Drain out the excess glaze and keep inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry. (An alternative to pouring glaze to the inside, is brushing on the SW-206 Melon, three coats, in a circular direction to the inside.)
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, appy 3 HEAVY coats of SW-139 Creamsicle to the outside of the tumbler.
- The blue tumbler is finished the same way as the orange tumber, but uses SW-252 Blue Opal on the inside, outlined in SG-401 Black, SG-410 Bright Blue for the flower petals, SG-405 Green for the leaves and stem, SG-407 Yellow for the flower centers.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 HEAVY coats of SW-136 Weathered Blue to the outside of the blue tumbler.
- For the yellow tumbler, inside is SW-254 Yellow Opal, outline design in SG-401 Black, scribble petals with SG-407 Yellow, center is SG-408 Orange, and leaves are SG-409 Bright Green.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 HEAVY coats of SW-138 Lemon Meringue to the outside of the yellow tumbler.
- With a damp sponge, clean off any glaze on the bottom of the tumblers, and fire to cone 6.