- Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 21:21
- SB-128 Tumbler
- SW-136 Weathered Blue
- SW-138 Lemon Meringue
- SW-139 Creamsicle
- SW-143 Albalone
- SW-206 Melon
- SW-211 Glacier Blue
- SW-254 Yellow Opal
- SW-250 White Opal
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Banding Wheel
1. With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of piece.
2. For the insides, yellow tumbler- thin slightly SW-254 Yellow Opal, pour to the inside of a tumbler, pour out the excess and drain. Thin SW-250 White Opal, pour to the inside and drain. Repeat the process using SW-206 Melon for the orange tumbler, and SW-211 Glacier Blue for the blue tumbler. For the pitcher, thin SW-143 Albalone slightly pour to the inside, roll to coat, drain off excess glaze, repeat when dry with SW-139 Creamsicle thinned and poured to the inside.
3. Glaze the tumbler with the aid of a banding wheel, its helps to place something heavy inside the tumbler to make it stable on the wheel. Use CB-604 Soft Fan to stripe the tumbler with two coats of SW-143 Albalone, then stripe again with three coats of SW-139 Creamsicle for the orange tumbler, SW-138 Lemon Meringue, and SW-136 Weathered Blue for the blue tumbler, match up the color to the inside.
4. Apply two coats of SW-143 Albalone to the outside of the pitcher and handle in a stripe fashion. Apply two coats of SW-138 Lemon Meringue to the outside in a stripe (as in rows) and two coats of SW-136 Weathered Blue to the handle. Applying two coats of the second color instead of three gives it a lighter finish. Apply three coats of the second color for more intense color.
5. Place on a high-fired kiln washed kiln shelf. Do not stilt and make sure the piece is not hanging over the kiln shelf, it must be fully supported
6. Fire to shelf cone 5/6.