- Last Updated: Monday, 18 December 2017 17:04
- SB-124 Medium Nesting Bowl
- SW-118 Sea Salt
- SW-123 Sapphire
- SW-132 Mirro Black
- SW-141 White Matte
- SW-401 Mayco Flux
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Plastic Cup
- Plastic Spoon
- Dish Soap
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply 3 coats of SW141 White Matte to the outside of the bowl
3. Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply 3 coats of SW-123 Sapphire to the inside of the bowl
4. Combine 2 teaspoons of SG-401 with 2 teaspoons of water and a drop of dish soap in the plastic cup. Mix well.
5. Blow into the mixture using the straw until bubbles start to form and spill out of the cup. Let the bubbles fall onto the outside of the bowl. Repeat until the entire bowl is covered.
6. Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply 2 coats of SW-132 Mirror Black in two triangular shapes starting from the top outside rim and tapering down.
7. Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply 2 coats of SW-118 Sea Salt over the Mirror Black.
8. Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush apply 1 heavy coat of SW-401 Mayco Flux to the inside of the bowl, starting about 1.5 inches below the rim.
9. Wipe off any excess glaze from the foot of the teapot with a damp sponge.
10. Do not stilt or hang over the edge of the kiln shelf.
11. Fire to cone 5/6.