- Last Updated: Thursday, 28 February 2019 17:43
SB-114 8" Vase
SW-166 Norse Blue
UG-82 Tuscan Turquoise
SG-402 White Designer Liner
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Pattern: Download
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust
- Use water (1:2 water to glaze ratio)to thin SW-166 Norse Blue to the consistency of heavy cream and roll to coat the inside of the vase.
- Use a pencil to mark a band around the shoulder of the vase that is about 1”-2” wide.
- Apply 3 coats of UG-82 Tuscan Turquoise.
- Let dry completely.
- Use SG-402 White Designer Liner to apply design work into the band. It helps to use a pencil to divide the band into even segments and design a small segment and repeat. See the attached design.
- Apply 3 coats of SW-166 Norse Blue to the rest of the vase, Leave about ¼’bare from the bottom and do not glaze the very bottom.
- Use a clean sponge to wipe the bottom clean any glaze that may have gotten out of place.
- Let dry completely and fire in oxidation to cone 6.