- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 15:03
- MB-1303 Envelope Vase
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-95 Pinkie Swear
- Dipping Clear Glaze of Choice
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Wave Stencil
- Palette Knife
- Rubber Squeegee
- Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Skill Level: Basic
- Time: 1½ hours
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some SC-74 Hot Tamale and SC-95 Pinkie Swear separately on a palette or tile sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if to thick add more color to thin.
- Hold the wave stencil flat against the vase, start in the center moving towards the ends of the stencil, push the glaze mix into the stencil with your finger, alternate between the two colors, blending where they meet, you also used a rubber squeegee.
- Remove the stencil after applying all the color.
- Sketch in the words “Moms Are Groovy”.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, detail the words with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo into the neck of the vase. Allow to dry.
- Dip the piece in Clear Glaze of choice. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.