- Last Updated: Friday, 09 January 2015 14:25
- MB-1418 Dancing Vase
- FN-213 Saffire Blue
- S-2101 Crystal Clear
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-77 Glo Worm
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0112 Flowers
- DSS-0113 Bugs
- Palette Knife
- Gel Food Coloring
- Download: Silkscreen Instructions
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin FN-213 Saffire Blue with water (3:1), pour to the inside of MB-1418 Dancing Vase, turn to coat and drain the excess.
- On a palette with a palette knife, thicken SC-12 Moody Blue with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the DSS-0112 Floral and DSS-0113 Bugs screens, with the grain side up. Rub the mixture with a squeegee over the screen. Reuse the screen 2-3 times before washing to fill in the surface around the vase. Continue to fill in the vase with the various images of the flowers, and lady bugs, small butterflies, from DSS-0113 Bugs.
- Tips: Remember to gently rinse to wash the silkscreen for crisp, screened images.
- On a palette with a palette knife, mix S-2101 Clear with red or green food coloring. Then add AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to thicken to the consistency of peanut butter.
- On one side of the vase, screen the dragonfly (from DSS-0113 Bugs) in the center using the tinted and thickened S-2101 Crystal Clear. Screen a couple of small butterflies and the singe rose from the DSS-0112 Flowers screen as well. On the other side of the vase, screen the large butterfly in the center with three small butterflies scattered near the bottom. *This screening process is for the color placement only.
- Staying within the lines of the screens, use a CB-106 #6 Script Liner to apply 2 coats of SC-77 Glo Worm to the first half of the dragonfly wings. Fill in the remainder of the wings with SC-11 Blue Yonder.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the rose. Also apply 2 coats of SC-24 Dandelion and SC-75 Orange A Peel to the butterflies.
- Let dry.
- On a palette with a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Align the screen with the previous screened image, then use a squeegee to screen the image using the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear to the exterior of MB-1418 Dancing Vase.
- Fire to cone 06/05.