- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 14:50
- MB-1353 8x10 Canvas
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- SC-31 The Blues
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-75 Orange A Peel
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- FN-001 White
- SG-401 Black
- SG-403 Red
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-408 Orange
- SG-410 Blue
- S-2101 Crystal Clear
- DSS-0116 Stylized
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- ST-124 Maze stamp
- AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick
- Palette Knife, Palette, Pencil, Scissors
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-001 White to the bisque.
- With scissors, cut out the shape of the heart. Re-wet the glaze with water and stick on the paper heart pattern.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the background the SC-31 The Blues and SC-33 Fruit of the Vine. Brush SC-31 The Blues around the paper heart, following the shape. Add SC-33 Fruit of the Vine to follow the shape, refer to the picture for color placement. Alternate between the two colors for a painterly background. Apply 2 to 3 coats.
- Remove the paper heart.
- Pencil in the spiral. Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2-3 coats of SC-97 Cant-elope for the border and the spiral.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, start at the center of the spiral with SC-73 Candy Apple Red, add SC-97 Cant-elope, then SC-75 Orange A Peel, fade to SC-31 The Blues, next SC-26 Green Thumb, on the left side of the heart brush in SC-33 Fruit of the Vine. Slightly overlap each color. Brush 2-3 coats in the same progression.
- With CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, brush a thick outline between the colorful heart and the Cant-elope border. While the color is wet, scraffito lines into the Tuxedo.
- While drying, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium on a palette to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the Dandelion Screen from DSS-0116 Stylized to screen in the dandelions with the stems coming from the heart. Screen several times to make it full. Screen the seeds falling from the heart cascading down the canvas.
- Use SG-401 Black to change the dandelions to flowers by outlining the spokes of the dandelion and making three petaled flowers out of the seeds.
- Fill in the petals with SG-403 Red, SG-407 Yellow, SG-408 Orange, and SG-410 Bright Blue.
- Use SG-407 Yellow to make spirals on the heart, and to outline the heart. Make small dots of SG-401 Black around the heart border and around the spirals.
- Dot SG-410 Blue on the outside background of the heart.
- Each side of the canvas is glazed a different color, SC-97 Cant-elope, SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-31 The Blue, SC-73 Candy Apple Red. Apply 3 coats using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- Using AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick, pounce SC-15 Tuxedo to the ST-124 Maze stamp. Press the stamp to the sides of the canvas, pressing lightly. Repeat process for stamped design on each edge of the canvas.
- When dry, using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Clear or dip in clear.
- Fire to cone 06.