- Last Updated: Thursday, 25 February 2016 16:09
- MB-1293 Rectangular Dinnerware Salad Plate
- FN-005 Pink
- FN-008 Brown
- SC-14 Java Bean
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- MC-001 1/4" Masking Tape
- DSS-0103 Designer Silkscreen Flourishes
- DSS-0130 Designer Silkscreens Graceful Script
- CB-106 # 6 Script Liner
- CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan
- Electric Drill
- Masonry Drill Bit of choice
- 5/8" Ribbon of choice
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Mark where you want the hoels for the ribbon holes will go.
- Using a electric drill with a masonry drill bit, drill holes into the plate. Drill slowly.
- Create a 1/4" border where the side walls meet the flat portion of the plate by applying the MC-001 Masking Tape.
- Using the CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply three coats of SC-14 Java Bean to the masked off border. Remove the tape before the color dries to advois any chipping.
- Using the CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, apply three coats of FN-005 Pink to the remaining bisque area on the top area of the plate, removing any color that gets into the drilled holes.
- Using the CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, apply three coats of FN-008 Brown to the back, removing any color that gets into the holes, and 2 coats to the edges.
- Place SC-14 Java Bean on a palette and sprinkle a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen medium over the glaze. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium together to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Lay the word MOM, shiny side down, from the DSS-0130 Designer Silkscteen Graceful Script to the center of the plate, and apply the thickened SC-14 Java Bean to the silkscreen. Wash the silkscreen as soon as you are finished. Repeat the above steps, this time with DSS-0103 Designer Silksreens Flourishes and add scrolls to 2 corners.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.
- Feed the ribbon through the holes, and if desired, add a bow.