- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 14:35
- MB-1455 Stemless Wine Tumbler
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange A Peel
- SC-76 Cara bein Blue
- SC-97 Cant elope
- FN-006 Blue
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- ST-118 Stick Figure Family Stamp
- DSS-0130 Graceful Script Silkscreen
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Palette Knife
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Place some FN-006 Blue into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 4 parts glaze to 1 part water). It should be the consistency of coffee cream. Pour this mixture into the tumbler and roll around to coat completely. Drain out the excess glaze until it stops dripping. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge.
- Use the colors noted above to stamp the Stick Figure stamp. Use the sponge-on-a-stick to dab color onto one image at a time and randomly apply to the wine tumbler.
- Use the word Dad from DSS-0130 Graceful Script with SC-15 Tuxedo. Use the following directions to screen over the Stick Figures on the wine tumbler.
- Place some color on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium; if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
- Position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen - this will cause damage to the screen. Refer to 'How to use Silkscreen Medium' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpJPef6MB0
- Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use a Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze to the outside of the tumbler.
- Fire to cone 05/06.