- Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 20:22
A speckled blue Egg Vase finished with Speckled Stroke & Coat and Stamps.
- MB-1326 - Egg Vase
- S-2101 - Crystal Clear Brushing
- SC-29 - Blue Grass
- SC-34 - Down to Earth
- SC-39 - Army Surplus
- SP-245 - Speckled My Blue Heaven
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ST-340 - Flower Branch
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SP-245 My Blue Heaven on the outside of the egg vase. Allow to dry.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-34 Down to Earth. Tap the SC-34 Down to Earth onto the ST-340 Flower Branch Stamp then press the stamp around the egg, take care to line up the stamping so that it is continuous. Allow to dry.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Liner, thin slightly SC-29 Blue Grass then use to stroke in the petals, the leaves are thinned SC-39 Army Surplus.
- Using an old tooth brush, spatter the egg with thinned SC-29 Blue Grass. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.