Add some fun to your next picnic with this watermelon set done in Foundations and Stroke & Coat.
- MB-890 11" Asian Flair Square Plate
- MB-105 Rice Bowl
- MB-131 Large Oval Platter
- FN-001 White
- FN-202 Medium Green
- FN-225 Watermelon
- FN-224 Key Lime
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the top side of both plates and inside the bowl. Allow to dry.
- With AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil, trace the watermelons on the MB-890 11” Asian Flair Square Plate.
- With the ½” masking tape, apply the masking tape along the straight edge of each watermen and on the rind area, also on the rind are of the MB-131 Large Oval Platter.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-225 Watermelon to the watermelons on the Square Plate, the center of the oval Platter and inside of the bowl.
- Dampen a Silk Decorating Sponge in water, squeeze out the excess water and roll in-between paper towel to absorb any reaming moisture.
- Load the silk decorating sponge with FN-225 Watermelon and sponge 2 coats over the brushed on coat.
- Remove the masking tape when the last coat of FN-225 Watermelon looses it’s shine. Clean the edge of the bowl.
- Using a CB106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of FN-224 Key Lime to the rinds on the square plate, oval platter and edge of the bowl.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the edges around the rinds on the square plate.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, loaded with SC-15 Tuxedo, apply a pressure stroke to create the watermelon seeds.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-020 Medium Green to the back of both plates and to the outside of the bowl. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.