- CD-1146 - Large Gourd
- CD-1148 - Skinny Gourd
- FN-008 - Brown
- FN-015 - Brick Red
- SC-5 - Tiger Tail
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-79 - It's Sage
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ST-367 - Leafy Border
- Exacto Knife
- Small Plastic Cup
- Moist Clay
- Cast the CD-1148 Skinny Gourd mold and the CD-1146 Large Gourd mold. Remove the Gourds from the molds.
- While the greenware is still leather hard, use an Xacto knife to cut the CD-1148 Skinny Gourd's neck off.
- Cut a hole in the side of the skinny gourd. Score and slip/clay slurry attach the neck for the teapot spout.
- Cut the top 2 ¼" from the top of the CD-1146 Large Gourd. This will be used as the teapot lid.
- Roll some moist clay and slip/clay slurry attach to the inside of the lid to form a lip to keep the lid from slipping off.
- Roll a fat coil of clay and twist. Then create a handle shape for the body and the lid of the teapot.
- Let it dry to leather hard before slip attaching to the body and lid of the teapot. Allow the piece to throughly dry.
- Fire to cone 04.
- Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-008 Brown into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the teapot and roll around to completely coat the interior of the teapot (careful of the spout). Drain out the excess glaze and keep teapot inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-015 Brick Red to the body and lid (except the knob )of the teapot. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-008 Brown to the hadle on the teapot and lid handle. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, streak some SC-15 Tuxedo into the handle and lid handle.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tap the SC-15 Tuxedo onto the ST-367 Leafy Border Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the piece. Continue stamping around the body and spout (not the lid) of the teapot. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-79 It's Sage to some of the leaves, SC-5 Tiger Tail to some, and nothing on others. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.