- Last Updated: Tuesday, 29 April 2014 13:38
Surrounding Frosty with Jungle Gem snowfall.
- MB-1145 - Flat Tulip Vase
- CG-788NT - Dutch Enamelware
- FN-001 - White
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-34 - Down to Earth
- SC-65 - Peri-Twinkle
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 - Cara-bein Blue
- SC-80 - Basketball
- SG-302 - Snowfall
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust..
- Place some FN-001 White into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the base and the area where the snowman will be on the vase.
- Cut out the pattern of the snowman.
- Position the pattern on the vase, wet the area beneath the snowman with water, then press down the pattern with a paper towel.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of CG-788 Dutch Enamelware to the vase, omitting the base. Apply over the edges of the paper. Apply less crystals around the snowman's arms and nose.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply on a coat of SC-65 Peri-Twinkle over the snowman area. Blend with SC-76 Cara-bein Blue for the remainder of the sky. Apply 2 coats.
- Remove the paper pattern.
- Pencil in the detail of the snowman or trace.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-65 Peri-Twinkle on the tie. Thin SC-76 Cara-bein Blue like water and brush on stripes of the tie.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale on the hat band and SC-15 Tuxedo on the hat. Apply 1 coat of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel on the nose and 1 coat of SC-80 Basketball. Apply 2 coats of SC-34 Down to Earth on the arms.
- Pencil in a snow drip edge on the top of the vase.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SG-302 Snowfall to the penciled in edge of the vase.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner and a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush, apply 2 coats of SG-302 Snowfall to the snow on the snowman and base, but Note: not the bottom of the vase.
- Dot the mouth with SC-15 Tuxedo and paint in the eye.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the tie and nose with a thin line of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.