So, how about it?
- MB-106 - Ruffle Ware Salad 8¾"
- FN-301 - Marshmallow White
- FN-35 Deep Red
- SC-8 - Just Froggy
- SC-10 - Teal Next Time
- SC-12 - Moody Blue
- SC-14 - Java Bean
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-16 - Cotton Tail
- SC-31 - The Blues
- SC-32 - Bluebeard
- SC-52 - Toad-ily Green
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-220 - #2/0 Detail Liner
- CB-310 - #10 Flat Shader
- CB-404 - #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan apply 3-4 coats of FN-301 Marshmallow White to the inner surface of the plate. Apply these coats of glaze as smooth and evenly as possible (the glaze does not move during the firing process and uneven application will be evident in the fired finish).
- Transfer the pattern to the ware using a Pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper.
- Load a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round with SC-52 Toad-ily Green and tip with SC-16 Cotton Tail. Using a "Pressure Point" Stroke, paint in each of the leaves of the mistletoe starting from the bottom of the leaf towards the inner part of the bough.
- Using a CB-310 #10 Flat Shader tipped (¼ loaded) with SC-8 Just Froggy, shade the inner portions of the leaves to give them depth and separation of the leaves. Reinforce this shading with thinned SC-10 Teal Next Time. Mix some SC-52 Toad-ily Green with some SC-8 Just Froggy to darken and then thin this color to an inky consistency. Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner loaded with the thinned mixture, outline and detail the leaves.
- To the berries, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail. Detail the berries with SC-52 Toad-ily Green using CB-220 #2/0 Detail Liner. Reinforce the detailing, with the same inky mixture as the leaves, including outlining and the points on the berry bottoms.
- On the branches, use a thinned mixture of SC-14 Java Bean with a CB-220 #2/0 Detail Liner. Paint in the stems of the leaves using various shades of the greens darkened with a drop of SC-14 Java Bean to give a variety of shades.
- Using a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round loaded with SC-31 The Blues, paint in the ribbon with 2 coats of color. Shade the recesses and folds with SC-12 Moody Blue using CB-404 #4 Pointed Round and CB-220 #2/0 Detail Liner. Darken and reinforce the shading with SC-32 Bluebeard and thinned SC-10 Teal Next Time. Keep the Teal color to a minimum. Thin some SC-32 Bluebeard and outline the ribbon using CB-110 #10/0 Liner.
- Apply 3-4 coats of FN-35 Deep Red to the rim and back of the plate using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan or CB-404 #4 Pointed Round along the inner edge. Apply this color as even and smoothly as possible.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Liner and CB-220 #2/0 Detail Liner apply 3 coats of S-2240 Scarlet to the lettering on the plate. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
- Apply 1 even coat of Liquid Bright Gold Luster to the beaded rim on the plate using #8 Flat Shader reserved for the fired luster. Clean the brush in Luster Essence.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 018.