- Last Updated: Friday, 26 April 2013 15:08
The project features the book, "I Love You More" by Laura Duksta. Read the adorable stor, which is a dialogue between a mother and a child. This is the perfect May/Mother's-Day project - you'll enjoy the center page of the book where the two dialogues merge.
- MB-102 - Coupe Dinner Plate
- SC-8 Just Froggy
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- CB-106 #6 - Script Liner
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Cotton Balls
- Designer: Marcy Freed
- Skill Level:Basic
- Time: 1 hour
- Begin with properly fired shelf con 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a cotton ball, apply a wash of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the entire platter - front and back.
- Using a coupe salad plate as your guide, trace the circle of the salad plate in the center of the platter. Make a color wash using SC-12 Moody Blue and apply the wash inside the circle with a cotton ball using large circular motions.
- Paint the child's left hand with a thick coat of SC-8 Just Froggy. Position the hand in the bottom right quadrant of the circle (fingers down) making sure to leave a border of blue around the handprint.
- Re-coat the left hand using SC-8 Just Froggy and position it perpendicular and to the left of the other print in the upper left quadrant of the circle. Repeat for the third handprint.
- Using a No. 2 pencil, draw a circle around the "earth" approximately ¾" from the edge of the "earth." Then, using the pencil, write the phrase," I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD" along the circular line. Repeat the phrase until you run out of space. Then, add three periods (i.e., "...") until you reach the first "I" of the phrase.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, "Trace" over the letters with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Personalize the plate by adding the child's name on the front or back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Apply Clear Glaze (optional). Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.