- Last Updated: Monday, 05 January 2015 21:41
- MB-122 Venti Latte Cup
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-34 Down to Earth
- SC-36 Irish Luck
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-76 Carabein Blue
- FN-031 Cornflower Blue
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- AC-213 Large Sponge on a Stick
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0113 Bugs
- DSS-0110 Botanical - Trees & Grass
- Blue food coloring
- Palette Knife
- Download: Silkscreen Inscructions
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin FN-031 Cornflower Blue with water (3:1), pour inside MB-122 Venti Latte Cup to cover interior. Pour out excess and drain. Wipe away any drips with a damp BT-910 Synthetic Sponge.
- With a pencil, draw hearts (for the balloons), write the text "Love is in the Air" and indicate a place for the caterpillar.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to fill in the hearts. Allow to dry.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to fill in the hearts. Allow glaze to dry completely between coats.
- Mix blue food coloring with a small amount of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing. Thicken colored S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Align the screen, smooth side down, and place the caterpillar image where the penciled marking is located. Rub the thickened, tinted S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing mixture to screen the caterpillar. This is for color placement only. Allow to dry.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to fill in the caterpillar.
- Using AC-213 Large Sponge on a Stick, pounce SC-27 Sour Apple at the bottom of the mug for the grass area. Aligning the DSS-0110 Botanical - Tree, determine where the foliage of the tree will be and pounce SC-27 Sour Apple for the leaves of the tree. Then, pounce SC-26 Irish Luck for shading.
- With a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Align the caterpillar image on DSS-0113 Bugs screen, shiny side down over the SC-27 Sour Apple painted area. Rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo mixture over caterpillar image. Remove screen and clean gently with water. Lay flat to dry.
- Note: Review the Silkscreen Instructions for more information.
- With a palette knife, thicken SC-36 Irish Luck with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Rub the thickened SC-36 Irish Luck mixture over the DSS-0110 Botanical - Grass to screen grass along the bottom of MB-122 Venti Latte Cup. Also screen a tree, aligning over the painted area for the tree.
- Using AC-213 Large Sponge on a Stick, pounce SC-30 Blue Dawn around the top of MB-122 Venti Latte Cup's exterior for the sky. Next pounce SC-76 Cara-bein Blue for shading.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-34 Down to Earth to the screened branch under the caterpillar and the trunk of the tree and its' limbs.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, write the text.
- Using SG-410 Bright Blue, dot a line under the text, beginning and ending at the top rim of MB-122 Venti Latte Cup.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the handle of MB-122 Venti Latte Cup. Allow glaze to dry completely between coats.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the body of MB-122 Venti Latte Cup.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.