- MB-1392 Large Flat Bottle
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-28 Blue Isle
- SC-32 Bluebeard
- SC-40 Blueberry Hill
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SC-65 Per-twinkle
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Chelsea Proctor
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- With scissors, cut out both whale shapes from the pattern and trace the whales onto the bottom of the vase with a pencil.
- With CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-65 Peri-twinkle to the whales. Once the 3rd coat is dry, wet the back of the paper whales and lay them over the Peri-twinkle. Make sure the paper is attached to the glaze so they act as a mask.
- With scissors, cut the moon out from the pattern and trace it on to the top left corner of the bottle.
- With CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the moon. While the 3rd coat is wet blend SC-60 Silver Lining with the Cotton Tail. Once dry, wet the back of the paper moon and lay it over the painted moon to act as a mask.
- With CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of Melon-Choly from the bottom of the whales to the middle of the bottle.
- While the Melon-Choly is still wet, apply SC-40 Blueberry Hill to the top half of the vase and blend the Melon-Choly and Blueberry Hill into each other.
- Repeat step 7 two more times so that you have 3 coats
- Remove the paper moon once the blended Melon-Choly and Blueberry Hill have lost its shine.
- When the Melon-Choly is dry, apply 3 coats of SC-28 Blue Isle to the bottom of the bottle with CB-106 #6 Script Liner. You are using the Blue Isle as the ocean so make waves around the whale where you see fit. 3 coats of Blue Isle will cover and Melon-Choly.
- Remove the paper whale once the Blue Isle is tacky.
- Using the back of a paint brust, dot one coat of SC-16 Cotton tail to the eyes of the whales. Draw a mouth on the whales and apply 3 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the mouth.
- When the eyes are dry, use the back of a paint brush and make the pupil of the eye with SC-15 Tuxedo. Using the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, outine the eye with one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, outline both of the whales with SC-32 Bluebeard.
- Using AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and pencil, trace the words from the pattern onto the MB-1392 Large Flat Bottle.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-32 Bluebeard to write the words.
- Using 604 #4 Soft Fan, apply SC-28 Blue Isle to the sides and backside of the bisque.
- Slightly thin SC-28 Blue Isle with water (3:1). Pour thinned SC-28 Blye Isle inside, rotate to coat interior and pour out excess. Be careful not to drip on design.
- Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.