- Last Updated: Tuesday, 17 June 2014 13:56
- MB-1332 Heart Paperweight
- FN-211 Sheer Blue
- SG-401 Designer Liner
- CC-102 White Crackle
- SS-138 Flat Black
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- With a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, transfer pattern onto the bisque. You can free hand if you like.
- Using the SG-401 Designer Liner outline the pattern.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of FN-211 Sheer Blue to the wings. If a little glaze goes over the edges of the SG-401 Designer Liner that is fine. The glaze will give the SG-401 Designer Liner a gloss finish.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of CC-102 White Crackle around the wings covering the heart. Allow the glaze to dry between coats until the shine is off the glaze.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.
- Tips: If time permits let the heart sit for a day to get good crackles. Try not to handle too much as oils from your hands may fill the cracks.
- Take a soft cloth and apply a thinned coat of the SS-138 Flat Black Softees Acrylic over the crackle. The stain will go into the cracks and wipe off the excess.