- Last Updated: Friday, 23 March 2012 14:21
Styrofoam carving painted with Steel and rusting agent.
- MM-102 - Copper Metallic
- MM-106 - Steel Metallic
- MM-305 - Rapid Rust
- MM-600 - Spritzer Cap
- SS-138 - Flat Black
- AB-834 - ¾" Acrylic Base Coat
- AC-502 - Matte Sealer
- Stryofoam Sheet
- Foam Plates
- Paper Towel
- Straight Edge
- Utility Knife
- White Glue
- Cut two 6" squares of Styrofoam sheets. Roughen up the edge of one sheet. Cut a leaf shape out of the other square of Styrofoam.
- Glue the two pieces of Styrofaom together with white glue. Allow to dry.
- Using an AB-834 #¾" Base Coat, apply SS-138 Flat Black to the entire piece. Allow to dry.
- Mix MM-102 Copper Metallic and MM-106 Steel Metallic well. Place some of each on a foam plate.
- Using an AB-834 #¾" Base Coat, apply 1 heavy coat of MM-102 Copper Metallic to the piece here and there leaving some of the SS-138 Flat Black showing. Using an AB-902 #2 Stiff Fan, apply MM-106 Steel Metallic here and there leaving some of the SS-138 Flat Black and the MM-102 Copper Metallic showing.
- Spritz a heavy coating of MM-305 Rapid Rust to the piece. Allow to dry.
- Optional: Piece may be sealed with 2 coats of AC-502 Matte Sealer.