- Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 October 2017 15:18
- CD4139 Large Fat Toad
- CD4140 Small Fat Toad
- SLS01 Stoneware White Casting Slip
- SW122 Maycoshino
- SW164 Satin Patina
- SW001 Stoneware Clear
- UG50 Jet Black
- UG51 China White
- UG46 Bright Yellow
- UG210 Forest Green
- #8 Soft Fan CB618
- #6 Script Liner CB106
- Casting Instructions: Casting Instructions
- Begin by casting CD4139 and CD4140 using SLS01 - Stoneware White Casting Clip (download Casting Instructions for reference)
- Soft Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Antique the toad's mouth area by applying one coat of UG50 Jet Black with a #6 Script Liner CB106 brush. Using a wet sponge, wipe away the black underglaze so only the recessed areas remain black.
- Using the #8 Soft Fan CB618 brush glaze the entire toad with SW122 Maycoshino (minus the eyes and bottom of the piece). Three coats should be applied, allowing to dry between coats. The glaze application should be tapered, one coat all the way to the bottom, two coats two finger width from the bottom, and the third coat, three finger widths from the bottom.
- Using the #8 Soft Fan CB618 brush, glaze the entire toad minus the stomach area with SW154 Satin Patina. 5. Using the #6 Script Liner CB106 brush, paint the eyes with UG50 Jet Black, UG51 China White, UG46 Bright Yellow, UG210 Forest Green 6. Allow underglaze to dry before applying 2 coats of SW001 Stoneware Clear to the eyes.
- Fire to cone 6.