- Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 October 2017 15:18
- CD714 Small Gecko
- CD715 Medium Gecko
- SLS01 Stoneware White Casting Slip
- SW146 Aurora Green
- SW253 Green Opal
- SW001 Stoneware Clear
- Designer Liner Black SG401
- Designer Liner White SG402
- Designer Liner Orange SG408
- #8 Soft Fan Brush CB-618
- #6 Script Liner Brush CB-106
- Casting Instructions: Casting Instructions
Designer: Todd Hickerson
- Begin by casting CD714 or CD715 using SLS01 - Stoneware White Casting Slip (download Casting Instructions for reference).
- Soft Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Using a #8 Soft Fan Brush CB618, paint the entire Gecko (minus the eyes and bottom of the piece) with three coats of SW253 Green Opal.
- Using a #8 Soft Fan Brush CB618, paint the top one-third of the Gecko with SW-146. Make sure to stir the jar of glaze in order to get crystals from the bottom. Apply two coats, making sure crystal chunks are not too low on the piece. They will run.
- Draw an eye with the Orange Designer Liner SG408.
- Draw a pupil with the Black Designer Liner SG401
- Draw the outer edges of the eye with the White Designer Liner SG402
- Outline the eye with the Black Designer Liner SG401
- Using the #6 Script Liner Brush CB106, cover the entire eye with two coats of SW001 Stoneware Clear.
- Make sure the bottom of the Gecko has no glaze on it before firing to Cone 5/6.