- CD-1146 Large Gourd or MB-1358 Bisque Gourd
- EL-204 Glowing Embers
- EL-209 Night Sky or EL-211 Volcanic Glow
- PC-601 Clear Cascade
- PC-602 White Cascade
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- CB-110 Liner
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- In wet greenware, cut out the bird hole and the perch hole.
- When dry, fire to cone 04.
- In an uneven line, brush one two coats of EL-204 Glowing Embers to the top section of the gourd with CB-604 Soft Fan, make sure to use the crystals from the bottom of the jar. 3-4 inches from the stem.
- Brush the remainder of the gourd with two coats of either same as step 3. Overlap EL-209 Night Sky or EL-211 Volcanic Glow onto the EL-Glowing Embers about 1/2 inch.
- While the glaze is still wet, use the CB-604 Soft Fan to plop PC-601 Clear Cascade over the Element colors, in a random pattern, leave space between the plops, stop two inches from the bottom of the gourd, as this will cause the glazes to move.
- While the glazes are wet, plop PC-602 White Cascade in the same manner as the Clear Cascade in step 5, overlapping sometimes on the Clear Cascade, and leaving spaces between.
- Still while all the glazes are wet, brush on heavy vein lines with SC-15 Tuxedo using CB-110 Liner. The lines will move during the firing and cause interesting effects.
- Brush the stem with 2-3 coats of EL-111 Ruby Creek.
- Fire to cone 06.