- Last Updated: Friday, 26 April 2019 18:50
- CD-605 8" Garden Ornament
- UG-206 Fire Engine Red
- UG-85 Orange Sorbet
- UG-209 Jade
- UG-210 Forest Green
- UG-46 Bright Yellow
- S-2101 Clear
- CB-106 Script Liner
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- Cotton Lace various sizes
- Needle tool
- Mother of Pearl Luster
- Pour the CD-605 Garden Ornament a little on the heavy side.
- After removing the ornament from the mold and still damp, score the clay with the needle tool where the lace will be set. An easy way to get a straight line is to set the ornament in a jar as straight as possible. Then center the jar on a banding wheel and score the line.
- Measure a length of cotton lace loosely around the score line. Then dip the cotton lace in the same slip used to pour the ornament and completely saturate. Let it set a minute or two to absorb the slip into the cotton.
- Use a needle tool to guide and ruffle the lace around the ornament, use the tool to press the lace into the ornament. The jute is used in the same way. Decorate with the lace in rows, varying the width of the lace. Set it aside until leather hard.
- Brush with three coats of various colors of Fundamentals Underglaze. Brush the background first with UG-46 Bright Yellow, use CB-106 Script Liner or CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Brush the lace with the various colors. Brush UG-85 Orange Sorbet then sporadically float UG-206 Fire Engine Red over the UG-85 Orange Sorbet. Float UG-85 Orange Sorbet onto the UG-46 Bright Yellow body. Continue with the other colors, UG-206 Fire Engine Red, UG-209 Jade, and UG-210 Forest Green for the smaller lace and jute. Float the lace color onto the Bright Yellow for all the lace.
- Let Dry, and fire to Cone 04.
- Use CB-604 Soft Fan to brush two coats of S-2101 Clear over the ornament and lace.
- Fire to 04.
- Brush one coat of Mother of Pearl Luster over the entire ornament and lace, with a clean or new brush. Clean the brush with Essence.
- Fire to cone 019.