- Last Updated: Friday, 21 December 2018 19:46
MB-957 Large Oval Platter
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tai
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-91 Seabreeze
- FN-041 Medium Blue
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or NT-BR Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0100 Nautical
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Toilet Paper Tube
- Palette Knife
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using a pencil, draw a line to separate the water from the sky.
3. Using the Soft Fan, apply two coats of SC-45 My Blue Heaven to the water and two coats of SC-91 Seabreeze to the sky.
4. Cut a toilet paper tube in half, then cut the length in halves., Cut the end of the lengths into 1/4" inch sections and trim small slices of each section so when flattened it will have spaces between the cuts.
4. You will be using the cut tube as a stamp. Use the sponge-on-a-stick to apply SC-11 Blue Yonder to the section of the cut tube and add SC-12 Moody Blue to the tips. Press to the water section starting at the right side of the water. Overlap each stamp changing direction of the stamp to mimic a rocky sea. Alter the color on the tube for more interest; use more of the Moody Blue or add SC-30 Blue Dawn. Fill the water area with this stamping technique.
5. Repeat the process for the sky using SC-45 My Blue Heaven and SC-30 Blue Dawn, adding SC-16 Cotton Tail to the stamp. Use the same cut tube from the water; This will allow the color left on the tube to transfer to the sky.
6. Use a palette knife to mix SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the ship screen from DSS-0100 Nautical, shiny side down, and rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen.
7. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the sails. Use the Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo to re-line the detail back into the sails.
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-041 Medium Blue to the back of the platter. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of NT-BR Clear Brushing Glaze to the front.
9. Fire to cone 05/06.