- CD-776 Hump Mold
- SD-168 Coral Sands
- SD-169 Frosted Lemon
- SD-165 Lavender Mist
- SW-304 Cooper Wash
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- X-10185 Xiem Pro-Sponge
- X-10193 Xiem Soft Silicone Clay Rib
- X-10351 Xiem Foot Shaper
- X-10380 Xiem Art Roller Detailing Tool
- Roll out a 12” diameter slab approximately ¼” thick.
- Using the pottery wheel, throw a flat disc of clay onto a batt.
- Moisten the bottom of Mayco’s Hump Mold CD-776 and center it on the clay covered batt.
- Drape the 10” diameter over the CD-776 Hump Mold. Gently press the clay onto the mold, conforming it to the hump.
- Spin the wheel and firmly compress the slab onto the mold with a wet Xiem Pro-Sponge X-10185.
- Make a final compression and remove any excess slurry using a Xiem Soft Silicone Clay Rib X-10193.
- Holding the Xiem Foot Shaper X-10351, spin the wheel and cut away any excess clay from the bottom of the hump mold, creating an even/level bowl.
- Throw a foot on the bottom of the bowl.
- Spin the wheel slowly, and with firm pressure, add the texture and design to the outside of the bowl with the Xiem Art Roller Detailing Tool X-10380.
- Allow the clay to slowly dry on the CD-852 Hump Mold. Make sure the edge of clay or rim of the bowl is loose and can move as the clay dries.
- Once the bowl is leather hard, the bowl can be removed from the hump mold. Soften the inner edge of the bowl with the Xiem Pro-Sponge X-10185.
- Bisque fire bowl to cone 04.
- Thoroughly mix SD-168 Coral Sands. Dip the entire bowl into the bucket of SD-168 Coral Sands for one second. Remove and shake any excess glaze off.
- Thoroughly mix SD-169 Frosted Lemon. Grasp the foot of the bowl and dip the rim into the bucket of SD-165 Lavender Mist. Shake excess glaze off. Pour a small amount of SD-169 Frosted Lemon from the center of the bowl outwards to the edge of the bowl. Rotate the bowl three times to pour.
- Apply 2 coats of SW-304 Cooper Wash to the rim of the bowl.
- Clean foot of bowl of any glaze.
- Fire to cone 6 at medium speed.