- MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-1 Pink-A-Boo
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-17 Cheeky Pinky
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-77 Glow Worm
- FN-001 White
- SG-401 Black (optional)
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0149 Flowers 3 XL
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Palette Knife
- Two Small Cups
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of FN0-001 White to the front of the clipboard.
3. Pour SC-1 Pink-A-Boo into a small cup and add SC-16 Cotton Tail (about half as much as the Pink-A-Boo) to lighten the color. Add water to thin to the consistency of a light cream. Thinning to much will cause to color to move too much, not enough water will cause the paint to move slowly.
4. Squirt SC-16 Cotton Tail into the second cup, thin with water as noted in step #3.
5. Pour the pink mix over the clipboard in uneven bands, fill in between the bands with the thinned Cotton Tail. There should be space in between the bands of color.
6. Move the clipboard slowly in different directions to marbleize. Stop before it is over mixed. Use your fingers to splatter Cotton Tail into the pink areas, and pink into the Cotton Tail area. Lay flat to dry.
7. Outline the clip on the board with a pencil, this will help place the flower and the words. Mark where the clip will sit on the board then remove the glaze in this area. This will help the epoxy stick better after firing.
8. On a plate, mix green food coloring with S-2101 Clear to tint. Sprinkle AC-310 Silkscreen Medium on to the clear and mix with a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter. Place the hydrangea from DSS-0149 FLowers 3 XL onto the clipboard with the shiny side down. Rub the thickened clear over the screen. This is for color placement only. Gently clean the screen.
9. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-77 Glow Worm to the slightly past centers of the flowers.
10. Fill in the rest of the flower with two coats of SC-17 Cheeky Pinky adding in SC-1 Pink-A-Boo sporadically.
11. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the leaves with the lighter areas being painted with SC-77 Glow Worm. Let dry.
12. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Place the hydrangea screen directly on top of the previous screen and rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen.
13. Pencil on the words Mom's Notes or whatever you desire. Use the Liner to paint the words with SC-15 Tuxedo. SC-15 Tuxedo can also be used. Alternatively, you may use SG-401 Designer Liner to go over the penciled words.
14. Tape the area at the where the clip will go then dip the piece into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze. Remove the tape.
15. Fire to cone 05/06.