- MB-1353 8" x 10" Clay Canvas
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-32 Bluebeard
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- DSS-0147 Island Silkscreen
- DSS-0149 Flowers 3 XL Silkscreen
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- 1/2" Tape
- Palette Knife
- Gel Food Coloring
1.Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. For the background, tape off 1 1/2" from the right side and 2 inches from the bottom. Tape an angle to the corner where the tape meets.
3. Use the Soft Fan to apply three thinned coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the right side. Let dry. Use the Soft Fan to shade the taped edge with one thinned coat of SC-32 Bluebeard. Let dry.
4. Remove the tape on the right side, then tape over the Blue Yonder edge. Use the Soft Fan to apply two thinned coats of SC-45 My Blue Heaven to the background, adding SC-11 Blue Yonder to the brush to create a shadow on the taped edge. Remove the bottom tape line, but not the side. Let dry.
4. On a palette, tint S-2101 Clear Glaze with food coloring then add AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to thicken. Use a palette knife to mix to the cosistency of peanut butter. With the shiny side down, place the large pineapple from DSS-0147 Island onto the canvas adn rub the thickened clear over the screen. Repeat the process for the flowers in the background from DSS-0149 Flowers 3 XL. This is for color placement only. Gently clean and dry the screens.
5. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the crown of the pineapple and two coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the body of the fruit. Use the same brush to apply two coats of SC-97 Cant-elope and SC-75 Orange-A Peel to the flowers. Apply two coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the centers. Let dry.
6. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium as noted in step 4. Place the clean screens, shiny side down, over the painted pineapple and flowers then rub the mixture over the images.
7. Remove the tape on the blue side. Tape the 2 inch section at the bottom and the angle at the corner.
8. To make a checkerboard, use the 1/2" tape to tape horizontal rows (4)then remove every other piece of tape. Tape 16 vertical rows of tape over the horizontal rows, then remove every other piece of tape. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo over the open squares.
9. To complete the checkerboard, tape horizontal and vertical tape lines over the painted squares. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo over the open squares. Remove the tape and you have your perfect checkerboard. Remove all tape from the canvas.
10. For the sides of the canvas, glaze to match the color from the top of the canvas so the design will carry over to each respective side.
11. Use the Liner to paint the word Sweet at the top.
12. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
13. Fire to cone 05/06.