- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 April 2017 16:23
- MB-1290 Bird House
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-34 Down To Earth
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-81 Cinnamon Stix
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-106 Script Liner
- CB-110 Liner
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp
- Cheese cloth
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Cut out the pattern of the leaves and branch, cut extra branches for the spines on the roof (6). Using the CB-106 Script Liner paint a heavy coat of SC-25 Crackerjack Brown to the paper branches, stick them to the spines on the roof and a longer one to the right of the bird house door, leave enough space for the leaves. The paper will transfer the glaze to the bisque and also act as a mask for the rest of the technique.
- Using the CB-106 Script Liner brush on a heavy coat of SC-97 Cant-elope to the paper leaves, press in place on the bisque. Wait about 10 seconds to fully press the paper in place, this will remove air bubbles. Tip: Use a damp sponge to press down and remove any excess glaze a paper towel will also work.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush apply two coats of SC-91 Cinnamon Stix to roof and body of the birdhouse (brush over the paper). If you want to add a little extra to the design, use the SC-91 Cinnamon Stix to the upper half of the body of the house and blend into another color such as SC-34 Down to Earth or a color of your choice.
- Cut a section of cheese cloth, wet, wring out the excess water, and open to a single layer.
- Brush on SC-81 Cinnamon Stix again, while the color is wet, place in the cheese cloth into the wet glaze. Trim where needed so the cheese cloth lays flat, the seam should be placed to the side or back. Brush on a thin coat of SC-81 Cinnamon Stix over the cheesecloth to seal the fabric and prevent the next color from seeping under the cheese cloth.
- Press with a paper towel to remove excess color and to speed the drying process.
- When the SC-81 Cinnamon Stix is set, using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush apply two coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the roof over the cheese cloth.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush apply two coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the lower section or body of the bird house.
- When the gloss leaves the glaze, remove the cheese cloth, paper leaves and branches.
- Using the CB-106 Script Liner apply 2-3 coats of SC-34 Down to Earth under the eaves, perch and knob.
- Stamp the leaves with the ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp using SC-26 Green Thumb. If desired, accent the leaves and branches with SC-15 Tuxedo, use CB-110 Liner.
- Clear glaze may be applied to give a smother finish but is not necessary. The project will fire glossy as painted.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.