- Last Updated: Monday, 19 March 2018 20:24
- CD-1329 Snail Planter
- FN-001 White
- FN-224 Key Lime
- SC-2 Melon Choly
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-36 Irish Luck
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- SC-77 Glo Worm
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-220 Detail Tips - 1 oz bottles
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Spray Bottle
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Slightly thin FN-224 Key Lime, pour to the inside and turn to coat. Pour out the excess glaze then drain the piece.
3. Cut off the tips of the AC-220 Detail bottles and fill 1/4 full of the following colors, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-2 Melon-Choly, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-97 Cant-elope, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel. Add a cap or two of water and shake to mix. Test on a white glaze, wet tile to check the drip, looking for the drip to spread.
4. Apply two heavy coats of FN-001 White to the shell of the snail. Work on one side at a time as the glaze needs to be wet. Place and prop the snail on a table so it is level. While standing, use the detail bottles to drip on color on the shell. Drop all of the colors in the bottles, spray with water to disperse color if desired.
5. Let dry, before doing the back of the snail shell. Repeat the process from step #4.
6. Sponge off the drips on the other sections of the snail.
7. Use the Script Liner to apply two slightly thinned coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the section of the body under the shell. When dry, shade around the area with SC-12 Moody Blue. Use the same brush to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the edge of the body.
8. For the green area of the snail, use the Soft Fan and Script Liner to apply SC-27 Sour Apple in all of the shadow areas of the body, brushing SC-77 Glo Worm to the highlight areas of the body. Repeat two times, keeping water in the brush. Let dry.
9. Use the Script Liner to shade around the eyes, under the chin and around the edges of the body. Re-shade with SC-36 Irish Luck in the same areas and also in the mouth.
9. Use the Script Liner to apply SC-11 Blue Yonder for the eyes and the Liner to apply SC-15 Tuxedo for the pupils and to outline the mouth and eyes.
10. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clear to the outside of the snail.
11. Fire to cone 05/06.