- Last Updated: Monday, 19 March 2018 20:25
- CD-1127 Round Pot
- FN-018 Bright Blue
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-55 Yella bout It
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-75 Orange A Peel
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0147 Island Silkscreen
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Mix AC-310 Silkscreen medium with S-2101 Clear, adding food coloring to enhance the color. Use a palette knife to mix to a consistency of peanut butter.
3. Use the Tiki Mask screen from DSS-0147 Island. Screen the mask onto four sides of the pot, with the shiny side down rub the mixture over the screen. Continue with the same screen for all four masks.
4.Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-55 Yella Bout It to the entire mask area. Shade inside the edges with SC-25 Crackerjack Brown.
5. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the remainder of the pot.
6. Work in sections to apply the raffia since the glaze must be wet to apply. Brush SC-97 Cant-elope onto the pot, lay in the strands of raffia then press so they lay flat,. Continue to fill in the Cant-elope areas.
7. Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel over the raffia. Remove the raffia.
8. Apply two coats of the following colors to the Yella Bout It mask designs:
- SC-11 Blue Yonder to the nose, brows and eyes.
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the mouth
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red and SC-97 Cant-elope to the design work on the mask
9. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife till it is as thick as peanut butter. Lay the mask screen over the painted image, match up all the design work, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Repeat for all four of the masks.
10. Slightly thin FN-018 Bright Blue, pour to the inside of the pot, turn to coat. Pour out the excess and drain the piece. Alternatively, you may wish to use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of Bright Blue to the inside of the pot OR roll glaze the inside prior to silkscreening. If you roll glaze first, allow the glaze to dry inside before screening.
11. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clear over the outside of the pot.
12. Fire to cone 05/06.