- Last Updated: Monday, 19 March 2018 20:24
- CD-1364 Turtle Planter
- FN-043 Bright Jade
- SC-7 Leapin' Lizard
- SC-8 Just Froggy
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-50 Orange Ya Happy
- SC-77 Glo Worm
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0147 Island Silkscreen
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Palette Knife
1.Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Slightly thin FN-43 Bright Jade, pour to the inside and turn to coat. Pour out the excess glaze and drain the piece.
3. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-50 Orange Ya Happy to the shell.
4. Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of thinned SC-7 Leapin' Lizard to the turtle's body leaving the breast unpainted. Applyone thinned coat of SC-77 Glo Worm on the highlights of the body. Thin color even more then apply to the highlights of the chest.
5. Use the Soft Fan to widely float SC-26 Green Thumb around the body. Use the Script Liner to create a narrow float of SC-8 Just Froggy.
6. Using a palette knife, thicken S-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the large pineapple screen from DSS-0147 Island. Use sections of the screen on the shell of the turtle, with the shiny side down, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen, gently wash then re-use to go around the shell.
7. Use the Liner to apply SC-27 Sour Apple to the eyes and SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupils. Outline the eyes and mouth with SC-15 Tuxedo.
8. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clear to the outside of the turtle.
9. Fire to cone 05/06.