- Last Updated: Monday, 30 April 2018 14:48
- 5 1/2" Terra Cotta Clay Pot
- 3" Terra Cotta Drip Trays (2)
- (We purchased our Pots & Trays at Michael's)
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-65 Peri-Twinkle
- CG-965 Mocha Marble
- S-2101 Clear
- MT-008 Spiral Mat
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
2" Foam Roller or Flat Sponge
1. Pencil in the breast of the owl.
2. Use the Soft Fan to brush three coats of CG-965 Mocha Marble to the breast. Apply three coats of SC-65 Peri-Twinkle to the remainder of the pot.Let dry.
3. Use the foam roller to apply SC-12 Moody blue to MT-008 Spiral Mat. Press to the Peri-twinkle section of the owl pot.
4. For the eyes, use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the outside edge as shown. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the bottom of the tray. Let dry.
5. Use a circle template to outline the pupils to bottom of the trays, over the Blue Yonder. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupils. Outline the edge in Tuxedo. Use SC-16 Cotton Tail to create dots in the eyes for the highlight.
5. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear to the tray eyes.
6. Temporarily fix the eyes to the rim of the pot. Use a small piece of clay to shape a beak to fit between the eyes. Let dry. Brush the top of the nose with three coats of SC-6 Sunkissed.
6. Fire to cone 06 all pieces separately.
7. After firing, epoxy the eyes and nose to the rim of the clay pot,