- Last Updated: Thursday, 20 February 2020 15:43
MB-1419 8" Mushroom
- CG-993 Lavender Sprigs
- EL-128 Wheat
- E:-145 Ginger Root
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SG-201 Black Cobblestone
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- AC-220 Detailer Bottles
- Small cups
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Use the Soft Fan to apply one heavy coat of CG-993 Lavender Sprigs to the top of the mushroom cap.
3. Pour approximately 1 oz of EL-128 Wheat EL-145 and Ginger Root into small containers. Thin each slightly with water. Fill a detailer bottle with SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and one with SG-201 Black Cobblestone.
4. Pour the thinned EL-128 Wheat over the mushroom cap in a spiral pattern. Fill in the empty space by pouring on EL-145 Ginger Root. Be sure all the space is covered with Elements glaze. Mist with water if necessary to move the color.
5. While the color is wet, squirt on SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SG-201 Black Cobblestone. Let dry.
6. Sponge off some of the color that dripped under the cap and on the stem. It is not necessary to remove all of the glaze.
7. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of EL-145 Ginger Root under the cap and three heavy coats on the stem (brush in a circular direction). Push the side of the brush into the wet glaze to get a ridge of glaze as this will make an interesting pattern during the firing.
8. Fire to cone 06.