- Last Updated: Thursday, 31 January 2019 17:14
CD1363 Garden Bird (Looking Left)
CD1362 Garden Bird (Looking Right)
EL-136 Lapis Lagoon
EL-134 Mirror Blue
RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
1. Pour CD1363 Garden Bird (Looking Left) and/or CD1362 Garden Bird (Looking Right) mold 1/4" thick. Refer to casting instructions.
2. Once it is firm enough to handle, use the sponge to smooth down any casting lines in the greenware.
3. Use the X-ACTO knife to carve out a hold in the top of the body of the bird. Smooth the edges with a sponge.
4. Fire to cone 04.
5. Using the Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of EL-136 Lapis Lagoon. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
6. Using the Soft Fan, quickly apply 1 coat of EL-134 Mirror Blue. Before it is dry, dip the Soft Fan in water and float over the glaze. This will remove some glaze from the high areas and deposit it into the details of the bird.
7. Fire to cone 06.