- Last Updated: Thursday, 28 June 2012 20:11
Stroke & Coats, Foundations and Elements = one Kool Koi.
- MB-1227 Koi Fish
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-50 Orange Ya Happy
- FN-008 Brown
- EL-126 Coral Reef
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-602 #2 Soft Fan
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Masking Tape
- Small Cup
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a piece of Masking Tape, tape the hole in the bottom of the fish.
- Place some FN-008 Brown into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the fish and roll around to completely coat the interior of the fish. Drain out the excess glaze and keep fish inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Remove the masking tape.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-008 Brown to the entire fish and to the inside as far as you can go.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of El-126 Coral Reef to the entire fish.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-50 Orange Ya Happy to the entire fish, take care to brush excess glaze out of the detail of the scales.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the body of the fish, skip over the scales for the second coat, as the detail does not need another coat.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 – 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the fins and the head of the fish.
- Using a CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply SC-15 Tuxedo by stippling and twisting the brush to apply to the upper part of the body.
- Scrape off some of the color from the eyes, make sure there is a basecoat of FN-008 Brown on the eyes, then apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail, and make the pupil SC-15 Tuxedo. Allow to dry.
- Dry foot the fish fins or stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.