- Last Updated: Thursday, 07 May 2020 19:50
- CD-011 Sven Garden Gnome
- CD-012 Astrid Garden Gnome
- UG-31 Chocolate
- UG-32 Cocoa
- UG-82 Tucson Turquoise
- UG-208 Dragon Red
- UG-221 Cement
- SW-001 Clear
- SW-002 Matte Clear
- SW-131 Birch
- SW-140 Black Matte
- SW-172 Macadamia
- SW-301 Iron Wash
- SG-402 White
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- CB-220 Detail Liner
- CB-404 Pointed Round
- SW-408 Pointed Round
- CB-602 Soft Fan
- Clean Up Tool
- Green Grit Cloth
- Fettle the seams from the ware using a Clean Up Tool. Carve any detail back into the ware. Use the Green Grit Cloth to further sand down the seam lines. Use a moistened Synthetic Sponge to remove any dust from the ware.
- Using a Pointed Round brush sized for the area painted, apply 3 coats of the following Fundamental Underglazes;
UG-31 Chocolate to Sven’s pants, Astrid’s shoes and buttons.
UG-32 Cocoa to both gnome’s hands and noses.
UG-82 Tucson Turquoise to Astrid’s dress.
UG-221 Cement to Sven’s beard.
UG-208 Dragon Red to both gnome’s hats.
- Place some SG-402 White onto a tile. Dry brush the color over the beard using CB-602 Soft Fan.
- Place on a tile a small amount of SW-301 Iron Wash. Use a small section of a moistened Synthetic Sponge to veil on the color along the edges of the hat rim and seam.
- Fire to Shelf Cone 04.
- On a tile, thin some SW-301 Iron Wash and apply it all over the gnomes using CB-604 Soft Fan. Using a dampened Synthetic Sponge to remove the excess color off the highlights on the gnomes. Rinse the sponge often. The antiquing should be uniform in appearance. The apron area should be the lightest of all. The apron may appear stained after antiquing, but will fire cleaner if the wash is removed well.
- Apply 2-3 coats of SW-140 Black Matte to Sven’s shoes using CB-404 Pointed Round.
- Apply 3 coats of SW-172 Macadamia to Astrid’s hair using CB-404 Pointed Round.
- Apply 3 coats of SW-131 Birch to Sven’s jacket using CB-404 Pointed Round.
- Apply 3 coats of SW-02 Matte Clear to the beard and flesh areas on both gnomes using CB-404 Pointed Round.
- To make the embroidery on the apron use SG-410 Bright Blue. The procedure is to make laying down “6” and “9” that interlock and then dotted with the color around them to tie the pattern together. Add some dots to the hair ties.
- Apply 2 coats of SW-01 Clear to the hats with CB-602 Soft Fan in a dabbing motion. Two coats will produce a matte textured effect. For a complete shine to the hats, apply a third coat.
- Apply 3 coats of SW-01 Clear to the remaining areas using a brush sized for the area. These areas on Astrid are her buttons, dress, shoes and hair ties. There is no glaze applied to Sven’s pants.
- Wipe off any glaze that may be on the bottom of the shoes. Fire to Shelf Cone 5-6 (Mid-range high fire.) Do not stilt. Make sure they are sitting completely on a shelf.