- Last Updated: Thursday, 16 June 2016 17:08
This interesting look was achivied by layering Cobblestones over a Crystalite glaze.
- MB-1232 - Large Gargoyle
- S-2705 - Desert Mist
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SG-201 - Black Cobblestone
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of slightly thinned SC-15 Tuxedo on the gargoyle.
- With a damp sponge wipe off some of the black to antique, leaving it in the crevices.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2705 Desert Mist on the gargoyle, omitting the eyes.
- Paint the pupil of the eyes with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- When the glaze has lost it's shine, use a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply 2 coats of SG-201 Black Cobblestone to the gargoyle. Skip over the deep crevices and brush the Cobblestone thinner on the face. Wait until the first coat no longer looks wet before applying the second coat.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.