- Stoneware Vase
- SW-302 Rutile Wash
- SW-002 Matte Clear
- SW-204 Amber Topaz
- SG-401 Black
- RB-104 #4 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- AC-302 Wax Resist
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Small Cup
Designer: Nate Klein
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some SW-002 Matte Clear into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the bisque shape and roll around to completely coat the interior of the bisque shape. Drain out the excess glaze and keep the bisque shape inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Apply flower shape to bisque form with SG-401 Black Designer Liner. Fill the entire bisque form with flowers, but leave some negative space between each flower. Note: If you prefer, sketch on flowers using a pencil and then trace over your pencil markings with Black Designer Liner.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SW-302 Rutile Wash to the negative space between the flowers. You do not want to paint all the way around each flower, but just highlighting areas with the Wash.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SW-002 Matte Clear to other parts of negative space between the flowers where there is no Wash. Do not fill every open negative space. You are only highlighting areas.
- Once both coats of SW-002 Matte Clear are dry you want to apply a coat of AC-302 Wax Resist to the SW-002 Matte Clear areas.
- When everything is dry you then apply 2 coats of SW-304 Amber Topaz using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- With the Sponge you will want to wipe away the SW-204 Amber Topaz that pulls on the Wax Resist.
- Make sure the bottom of the bisque form is clean from any glaze. With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the bottom of the piece.
- Place on a high-fired kiln washed kiln shelf.
- Do Not Stilt and make sure the piece is not hanging over the kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.