- Last Updated: Friday, 26 April 2019 18:19
- SB-113 12" Vase
- Hand-Thrown Shape
- SW-103 Sisal
- SW-303 Manganese Wash
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
Designer: Nate Klein
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat SW-303 Manganese Wash to exterior and leaving ½” unglazed band around base.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-103 Sisal to exterior and interior of piece. The first coat on the outside of the mug can be brushed down to the foot. It is important to recede the subsequent coats and inch each time! If you do not recede the coats, the glaze may run onto the kiln shelf.
- Sponge off the foot of each piece.
- Do not stilt and make sure the piece is not hanging over the side of the kiln shelf.
- Fire to cone 5/6.