- Last Updated: Wednesday, 26 November 2014 18:41
- SB-104 Rimmed Salad Plate
- SB-105 Rimmed Dinner Plate
- SB-106 Rimmed Bowl
- SB-116 Flared Mug
- SW-125 Purple Mint
- SW-302 Rutile Wash
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0104 Chevron
- Palette Knife
- Masking Tape
- Download: Silkscreen Instructions
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On a palette with a palette knife, mix SW-302 Rutile Wash with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Using the small chevron from DSS-0104 Chevron, align the screen, shiny side up. With a squeegee, rub the thickened SW-302 Rutile Wash through the screen. Repeat process until desired surfaces are covered.
- Note: It will be necessary to rinse and dry the screen in-between usage. Refer to the Silkscreen Instructions for more information.
- For the interior of the SB-106 Rimmed Bowl, screen in sections. Tape off a section, screen, and continue around the bowl.
- The SB-105 Rimmed Dinner Plate was taped off in 4 sections (pie sliced), screening in sections.
- Once screenprint is dry, use CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-125 Purple Mint to the screened areas. Be sure to change direction of the brush strokes as they will show.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-125 Purple Mint to all bare bisque areas, avoiding the feet/base of the pieces.
- Wipe away any excess glaze from the feet/base of each bisque peice.
- Fire to cone 6.