- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 17:52
- SB-104 Stoneware Salad Plate
- SW-205 Coral, SW-001 Stoneware Clear, SG-401 Black, SG-403 Red
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, Custom Italy Silkscreen
- Palette Knife, Palette, Pencil
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Find the center of the plate and make a pencil indication mark.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SG-401 Black with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Center the screen, shiny side down, on the plate. With your finger, rub the thickened SG-401 Black over the rough side of the screen, ensuring to screen.
- Remove and rinse the screen to wash and lay flat to dry.
- Pencil in a scroll design on the border of the plate.
- Use SG-403 Red to outline the design. Dot with SG-401 Black around the border.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the back and the rim of the plate with 4 coats of SW-205 Coral.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-001 Clear.
- Clean the foot of the plate and fire to cone 6.