- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 17:53
- SB-127 Stoneware Teapot
- SW-124 Matte Maycoshino, SW-001 Stoneware Clear, SW-302 Rutile
- DSS-0112 Flowers, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Palette, Palette Knife
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin SW-001 Stoneware Clear with water (3:1). Pour to the inside of the teapot, turn to coat and drain out excess glaze through the spout. Also coat the interior of the lid, leaving the bttom of the rim clean of glaze.
- On a palette with a palette knife, thicken SW-302 Rutile with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Use the flower screens from DSS-0112 Flowers, place the shiny side down. Rub the thickened Rutile over the screen.
- Screen to fill up the space of the teapot and lid.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 2 coats of SW-124 Matte Maycoshino, brushing in different directions as the direction of the brush strokes will show.
- Clean the bottom of the teapot free of glaze.
- Fire to cone 6.