- Last Updated: Friday, 11 September 2015 15:34
- MB-128 Stoneware Tumbler
- UG-50 Jet Black, UG-206 Fire Engine Red, SW-001 Stoneware Clear, SW-120 Northern Woods, SG-409 Bright Green Designer Liner
- DSS-133 Merry Christmas, MC-001 Low Tack Masking Tape, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some UG-50 Jet Black on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Underglaze. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer liner for more color saturation.
- Position pine tree branch from DSS-133 Merry Christmas on the top of SB-128 Stoneware Tumbler. Hold in place, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen. Repeat the screen around the top of the tumbler.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpJPef6MB0
- Using MC-001 Low Tack Masking Tape, tape stripes around the bottom one-third of the tumbler.
- Apply 3 coats of UG-206 Fire Engine Red to the bottom one-third of the tumbler. Immediately remove tape after the third coat is applied.
- Dot the top two-thirds of the tumbler with SG-409 Bright Green Designer Liner.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-120 Northern Woods to the interior of the tumbler.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-001 Stoneware Clear to the exterior of the tumbler.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of tumbler.
- Place on a high-fired kiln washed kiln shelf.
- Do Not Stilt and make sure the tumbler is not hanging over the kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.