- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 17:54
- SB-104 Modern Bowl
- SW-144 Lava Rock, SW-401 Mayco Flux
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-144 Lava Rock to the interior and exterior of the bowl remitting the foot of the bisque. Be sure to allow coats to semi-dry prior to additional coats.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-401 Mayco Flux to the rim of the bowl, interior and exterior. Be sure to allow glaze to semi-dry between coats. Applying evenly and spatially around the rim, turn the brush vertically to apply strokes. *These strokes will encourage the glaze combo to assist flowing motion of Mayco Flux, as shown.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of piece.
- Place on a high-fired kiln washed kiln shelf.
- Do not stilt and make sure the piece is not hanging over the kiln shelf, it must be fully supported.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.