- Last Updated: Wednesday, 27 December 2017 18:09
SB-127 Stoneware Teapot
SG-410 Designer Liner Bright Blue
SG-404 Designer Liner Blue
SG-409 Designer Liner Bright Green
SG-408 Designer Liner Orange
SW-141 White Matte
SW-152 Blue Spatterware
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin some SW-141 White Matte with water in a small cup until it is the consistency of heavy cream. Pour the contents into the teapot and roll it to coat the entire inside. Stand teapot upside down to drain.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply 3 coats of SW-141 White Matte to the outside of the teapot except for the spout, handle, lid knob and bottom of teapot. Also leave the bottom 1/8” of the lid’s foot unglazed.
- Thin a small amount of SG-404 Designer Liner Blue with some water until it is the consistency of milk. Using the CB-604 Soft Fan, apply to a small area (no larger than 2” diameter in any direction).
- Dip the CB-106 Script Liner into isopropyl alcohol and dab onto the wet Designer Liner. This will make feathery spots.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining colors of Designer Liner.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-152 Blue Spatterware to the lid knob, spout and handle of the teapot.
- Wipe off any excess glaze from the foot of the teapot with a damp sponge.
- Do not stilt or hang over the edge of the kiln shelf.
- Fire to cone 5/6.