1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Roll Glaze the inside of the vase: The ratio is 3 parts glaze to 1 part water. Use FN-009 Black and water, mix and pour inside the vase and roll to coat. Cover the inside of the vase with the mixture. Pour out the excess glaze and leave up side down to drain. If you do not leave up side down the excess glaze could pool at the bottom of the vase and cause crawling.
3. Use the RB-144 #4 Soft Fan Brush to apply one coat of CG-993 Lavender Sprigs over the outside of the vase. Be sure you use plenty of crystals.
4. Prepare your glazes in small cups to get ready to pour: In separate cups, squeeze about 1″ of the following glazes and mix with 1 1/2 caps of water and stir. Use these colors: SC-13 Grapel, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine and SC-52 Toad-ily Green
5. Pour SC-15 Tuxedo into the plastic tip bottle and thin with 1 cap of water.
5. This goes quickly, as you want to work while each color is wet. Place the vase on a plate or foil then pour the colors over the piece. Turn the vase slightly to mingle the colors where they meet. Spray with water to get the glaze to move if needed.
6. Squeeze the thinned SC-15 Tuxedo onto the rim and let it drip down the vase. Spray with alcohol when the glaze is wet to aid movement and spreading of the glazes.
7. Let dry, stilt and fire to cone 06.