Designer: Carmen Allen
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a soft fan brush, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the bottom ¾ of the outside of the piece and apply 3 coats or roll the glaze to coat the inside.
- Use a pencil or carbon paper to apply your desired plant design. We used a pencil to draw on some monstera leaves.
- Apply 1 coat of AC-302 Wax resist to your design.
- Adhere masking tape to section off part 2/4 and ¾. Creating a large middle section. Also adhere 2 pieces to the center of the handle.
- Use a soft fan to apply 2 coats of SC-93 Honeydew list to the middle section of the pitcher. Be sure to wipe off glaze build up from the wax resist.
- Use a script liner to apply 2 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to create the aloe planter, top band, and handle.
- Draw on aloe leaves with a pencil and apply wax resist to the lines as well as over the planter.
- Use a soft fan brush to apply 3 coats of CN302 Bright Caribbean to the bottom section and use a script liner to apply 3 coats to the aloe leaves. Be sure to wipe off glaze build up from the wax resist.
- Use a fan brush to apply 3 coats of CN293 Dark Purple to the top section of the vase and handle.
- Remove all of the masking tape.
- Use a pencil to draw where the vines will go.
- Use a mini liner to apply 1 coat of CN293 Dark Purple to the vines.
- Use a script liner to create leaves using a single brush stroke (or two!).
- Allow to dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06. (Sample was fired to cone 06)
- MB-1334 Tall Pitcher Vase bisque or CD-1334 Tall Pitcher Vase mold
- FN-001 White
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SC-93 Honeydew List
- CN293 Dark Purple
- CN302 Bright Caribbean
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- AC-302 Wax Resist
- 1/8” masking tape